Want to learn about MicroGrants? You’ve come to the right place! MicroGrants gives grants of around $1000 for low-income people of potential to invest in their lives. The grants are designed to help people increase their income either through small business development or getting and retaining stable employment. We believe in eliminating poverty through work!
Investments are usually made in three areas: education, small business development, and transportation.
- Education grants are used for short term training programs such as a Certified Nursing Assistant training course, or to pay for expenses not covered by traditional financial aid
- In 2017, 21% of our grants funded education
- After the grant, 93% of interviewed education-related recipients were on track to achieve their goal(s).
- These are used to buy supplies, make infrastructure improvements or invest in advertising. They can also be used to help with the costs of starting a small business
- In 2017, 36% of our grants went to small business development
- After the grant, 93% of interviewed business-related recipients were on track to achieve their goal(s).
- Transportation grants are used to repair a vehicle, purchase a new car, or get a drivers license
- In 2017, 37% of grants went to transportation
- After their grant, 93% of interviewed transportation-related recipients were on track to achieve their goal(s).