The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is a family foundation established in 1944 by the man who started Hilton Hotels. We provide funds to nonprofit organizations working to improve the lives of individuals living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage throughout the world.
- Conrad N. Hilton established the Foundation as a philanthropic trust in 1944. The Foundation continues to be guided by our founder’s mandate to “relieve the suffering, the distressed and the destitute.”
- Foundation assets increased from approximately $2.9 billion to $6.3 billion following the 2019 passing of Barron Hilton who, like his father, pledged 97% of his fortune to the Foundation. Since our inception, we have awarded more than $1.7 billion in grants, distributing $112.5 million in the U.S. and around the world in 2018.
- A family foundation, our board of directors includes a majority of Hilton family members. Our staff administers our financial and grantmaking responsibilities and oversees the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
- The Foundation is unconnected to Hilton Worldwide. In 2007, Barron Hilton sold his interests in the hotel business to Blackstone Group LP. All hotel inquiries should be directed to Hilton Worldwide.
- The Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals.