Policy Research Associates, Inc. was founded in 1987 with the stated mission of “Creating positive social change for people and communities through technical assistance, research, and training.”
We began with one research project, and since then have grown in size and project diversity while maintaining our expertise in technical assistance, research, and behavioral health. PRA is composed of approximately 50 talented employees, dedicated to bettering the lives of underserved populations.
We have a reputation for delivering top-notch research and impeccable customer service on time and on budget. This, combined with our decades-long history of building successful partnerships and delivering strong outcomes, has brought us national and international recognition.
We are committed to giving back to our local community and have developed a number of long-standing charitable giving campaigns and volunteer projects. Whether it be serving breakfast at our local homeless shelter or competing in a company-wide fundraising challenge, each staff member plays a part in serving our neighbors in need.
PRA is organized into topical areas, centered around areas of our expertise:
- Recovery Supports, which centers around supporting the recovery, resilience, and wellness of individuals with behavioral health needs
- Income Supports, which focuses on increasing benefit access to individuals with disabilities who have a mental illness, substance use disorder, or medical impairment
- Criminal Justice and Violence, which focuses on cross-system responses to justice-involved individuals with behavioral health issues, including histories of trauma
- Youth Opportunity and Justice, which focuses on supporting systems and practice improvements that lead to better life outcomes for vulnerable young people in contact with the justice system.
- Operations, which houses contract management, accounting, human resources, information technology, and communications teams, and provides logistical and administrative support to all areas.